Research Regulation in the NWT

I don’t have a Research Ethics Board (REB) at my home institution. What do I do?

Sep 26, 2011

Any research involving human subjects requires an ethics approval – that includes interviews, regardless of whether or not they contain traditional knowledge. If you are not affiliated with a university or other institution with a Research Ethics Board (REB), your best option is to conduct this component of your project in partnership with a researcher who has access to a REB. You may submit your Scientific Research Licence application before your institutional REB review is complete.