Research Regulation in the NWT

My research project has a side component that involves Traditional Knowledge (TK) interviews. Do I need an ethical review?

Sep 26, 2011

Yes, you do. Any research involving human subjects requires an ethics approval – that includes interviews, whether or not they include TK. You will also need a Scientific Research Licence for your research component involving human subjects, and a TK research agreement with the local or regional aboriginal organization. Ethical reviews are conducted by the Research Ethics Board (REB) at your home institution.