Scientific Research Licence

Does ARI approve land access permits during the Scientific Research Licence application process?

Sep 26, 2011

No, the Aurora Research Institute (ARI) does not approve land access permits during the licensing process.  Having a Scientific Research Licence does not authorize anyone to access or use any Private Lands in the NWT. Access to, and use of, Private Lands requires a separate process and has to be addressed with the aboriginal land administrator and/or other relevant organizations that may have jurisdiction over your fieldwork location and/or the impact of your fieldwork.