Doing Research in the Northwest Territories

This edition of Doing Research in the Northwest Territories - A Guide for Researchers was updated by the Aurora Research Institute (ARI) with funding from the International Polar Year – Federal Program Office (Canada).

The Guide focuses on research that requires a Scientific Research Licence, issued by ARI, as well as contact information related to the licensing process.

This publication, however, also serves as an introductory manual for all other types of research, and research-related licensing and permitting, in the Northwest Territories.

Please note that although all care is taken to have current information in the Guide, procedures and contact information can change without notice. Please contact the Manager of Scientific Services at ARI for up-to-date information regarding Scientific Research Licensing, and contact other organizations regarding updates to their respective licences and/or permits.